The Avantone MixCubes™ are shielded, full-range studio mini-reference monitors. Their design is inspired by the legacy of the 5C Sound Cubes™ used in virtually all-major studios for the last 25 years.
However, in this newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to also hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, ipod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
Ten months of R&D comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the Avantone MixCubes. The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from the original 5C Sound Cubes. Ltening tests reveal that the MixCubes have a smooth, more open, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining their basic original character.
* 5.25" Shielded Passive Full range 8 ohm drivers
* 6 1/2" Cube Cabinet with multiple coats of "Retro-Cream" High Gloss lacquer finish
* Precision-milled high-rigidity MDF Cabinet sides & Baffle for low resonance
* Radiused corners & edges reduce edge diffraction for better imaging
* Custom Paper Cone is crafted using New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for light weight & rigidity
* Cloth surround made in Japan to uniform thickness tolerances
* Top Plate and T-Yoke of driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low carbon steel
* The 43oz. low distortion motor structure magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC)
* High-Rigidity DIE CAST Aluminum frame with polished mounting bezel
* Nickel Plated "high-end" binding posts (properly spaced for dual banana plugs)
* Anodized milled Aluminum Terminal Plate
* 1/4" soft Neoprene Pad is recessed into the cabinet base to serve as a non-skid acoustic isolator
* Standard size (5/8"- 27 threading) female microphone stand mount is built into the cabinet base
* System Type: Dynamic shielded full-range pair
* Frequency Response: 90hz-17,000hz
* Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
* SPL / Sensitivity: 93db @1w/1 meter
* Recommended Power: from 10-200 watts
* Driver: 5.25” Cast Aluminum Frame
* Cabinet: sealed / 18mm MDF / Dacron acoustical stuffing
* Inputs: 3-way CE rated plastic encased Metal Binding Posts (accepts up to 12 gauge wire, spade lugs, dual banana plugs)
* Cabinet Dimentions: 165mm X 165mm X 165mm ( 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" )
* Cabinet Weight: 7Lbs / 2 oz (per speaker)
Proizvod je dodan u katalog Ponedjeljak, 05. 02. 2007..