Avantone CK-40 Stereo Multi-Pattern FET Microphone
The Avantone “Cabernet (C-series)” mics are designed to offer true professional performance. They will meet or surpass the performance and specifications of much higher priced mics. The Avantone CK-40 is truly a gorgeous looking and sounding microphone. The design, character and performance is comparable to some of the world’s finest Stereo FET Mics…but at a fraction of their cost!
Our rugged CK-40 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of BRASS. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill. The Discreet Class A Low-Noise FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs.
Any studio can proudly offer the stereo CK-40 as a group vocal mic, room mic, piano mic, or utility condenser due to its versatility…It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET microphone features twin LARGE 35mm center-terminated pressure gradient transducers. Their close physical proximity places them in a tight vertical array to allow accurate stereo imaging without phase issues arising. The top capsule/grill assembly rotates UP TO 90 degrees relative to the lower capsule/grill assembly. This feature along with the multi-pattern independent selector choices allow for all stereo recording techniques to be utilized. (XY-Coincident / Blumlein, M-S)
The 2 sets of pad, pattern select & LF rolloff switches independently control the capsules. (Front switches control the lower fixed grill/capsule while the rear switches control the upper rotating headgrill.) The 3 patterns allow the CK-40 to be used in a variety of situations including M-S recording.
The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics.
The 80Hz HIGH-PASS filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from “muddying up” the track. The CK-40 operates on standard 48 volt phantom power and includes a 5-Pin mic cable that plugs into the included 1×2 stereo splitter box. Two standard XLR mic cables are then all that is required to connect to a phantom powered mic preamp/console channel.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
So many sonic and spatial options are available with this microphone and we encourage you to experiment and use your ears as the final judge for stereo panning spread, use of omni vs cardioid or whether utilizing M-S miking techniques will better serve your particular situation etc…
This Stereo Mic Defines Versatility!
Put Avantone’s CK-40 stereo FET condenser microphone up in front of sources, listen to the amazing sound you’re getting, and you’ll instantly realize how dedicated Avantone is to their motto “Affordable Excellence.” The CK-40’s twin large-diaphragm transducers are arranged vertically, so you get extraordinarily accurate stereo imaging. Beyond that, you can rotate the top capsule up to 180 degrees, to employ a range of recording techniques, including XY-Coincident, Blumlein, and M-S. With this vast range of sonic and spatial options available, it’s worth trying the Avantone CK-40 on anything that makes sound.
Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Stereo design with rotatable capsule gives you a range of sonic and spatial options
- Switches between three pickup patterns for tailoring your sound
Stereo design with rotatable capsule gives you a range of sonic and spatial options
Apart from the amazing sound you’ll get from the CK-40 stereo FET condenser, you’re going to be amazed by just how versatile this microphone is — especially when you consider the affordable price. The Avantone CK-40 has two large-diaphragm transducers arranged vertically, for accurate stereo imaging without issues with phase. Beyond that, you can rotate the upper capsule up to 180 degrees, so you can take advantage of a wide range of miking techniques.
Switches between three pickup patterns for tailoring your sound
Let your ears be the final judge as you rotate the CK-40 microphone’s upper capsule, taking advantage such miking techniques as XY, Blumlein, and MS. Because both of the microphones on the CK-40 can switch among cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure 8 polar patterns, you have a wide variety of sonic and spatial options to experiment with as you tune in the perfect stereo image for your track.
Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET Condenser Microphone Features:
- Stereo microphone with rotatable upper capsule for XY-coincident, Blumlein, M-S
- Switchable between cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure 8 polar patterns
- 3-Pattern Class A FET Microphone w/ two dual 35mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules
- -10dB pad and80Hz LF roll off switches
- Works well as a group vocal mic, room mic, piano mic, or utility condenser
- Extra-large dual -35mm center-terminated Euro style capsules
- The versatile Stereo CK-40 mic is able to produce professional results with a warm, pleasing sonic character
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount allows precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic
- Rugged CK-40 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision-machined of brass
- Features an elegant Metallic Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grille
Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET Condenser Microphone Includes:
- Avantone CK-40 Multi-Pattern Stereo FET Microphone
- Avantone Custom Retro Shockmount
- Padded Wooden Mic Box
- 1X2 Splitter Box
- 30′ 5 Pin Cable
- Foam Wind Filter
- Padded Aluminum storage/travel case
- Owners Manual
Avantone CK-40 Stereo Class A FET Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Type: Stereo True Condenser Microphone
- Polar Pattern/s: Cardioid , Omni , Figure 8 (x2)
- Capsules: (2) Dual plate 35mm gold sputtered diaphragm/brass assembly
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
- Rated Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Maximum SPL : 147dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Sensitivity: -40dB
- Noise Level: 17dB (A weighted EC651)
- S/N Ratio re 1Pa : 77dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 5 pin
- High-Pass Switch: 80Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10 dB
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body
- Size: 10 7/8″ x 1 15/16″
- Weight: 2.1 lbs.
- Requires +48V phantom power
The Avantone CK-40 stereo FET condenser microphone puts you in touch with a wide variety of sonic and spatial options!
|X/Y, Blumlein, Mid-Side
|Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
|Signal to Noise Ratio
|17dB (A weighted)
|Low Cut Filter
|Shock Mount, Windscreen, Microphone Pouch, Splitter Box, 30′ 5-Pin XLR cable, Flight Case
|Manufacturer Part Number