High Quality Algorithmic Reverb with 6-band decay rate EQ, 6-Band Post EQ, spectrum analyzer and reverb display.
Give Your Music Sone Space
Natural sound, musical controls
As one of the most used effects in the audio world, reverbs come in all forms and flavors. FabFilter Pro-R 2 stands out with stellar sound quality, being able to recreate natural spaces as well as classic vintage and plate reverbs that sit in the mix perfectly. At the same time, our unique interface design with intuitive musical controls make it simply a joy to work with.
Make some space
FabFilter Pro-R 2 takes a musical approach to reverb, offering user friendly, non-technical controls like Brightness, Character and Distance to achieve the reverb sound you are looking for —without requiring a degree in reverb science.
The stepless Space control lets you fade between dozens of different, carefully tuned room models, automatically choosing a matching decay time for a natural-sounding result
Shape the decay time
The decay time of a real room often varies wildly over the frequency spectrum, which is one of the key ingredients of a room’s reverb character. To simulate this, the industry-first Decay Rate EQ concept in FabFilter Pro-R 2 offers completely free adjustment of the decay time over the frequency spectrum.
Since it uses parametric EQ bands instead of a traditional crossover system, it provides much more flexibility to shape the decay time characteristics. Together with the integrated 6-band Post-EQ, designing reverbs of any style or character has never been easier.
New Vintage and Plate algorithms let you recreate classic digital reverb units of the ’80s and ’90s, as well as the evocative metallic sound of plate reverbs. The Thickness control adds saturation and compression, while the built-in Ducking feature makes it easy to let the reverb blend in with the mix.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, interactive MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, and much more.
Full immersive audio support
Place reverbs in three-dimensional space with support for immersive channel layouts up to 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos. Pro-R 2 configures itself for multichannel formats automatically whenever it is added to a surround channel, and individual Decay Rate and Post EQ bands can be applied to any combination of channels using the new Speakers panel. Meanwhile, the new Surround Settings panel provides straightforward controls for balancing the relative levels of every reverb parameter — Predelay, Character, Decay Rate, etc — between the front and back of the immersive space. A massive amount of work has gone into the implementation of surround cross feeding, delivering an exceptionally convincing sense of space; and with its intuitive approach and liberating flexibility, Pro-R 2 yields spectacular results without letting complicated channel routing get in the way of creativity.
All-new Vintage and Plate reverb Styles
Expanding on the clean, natural sound of Pro-R, Pro-R 2 introduces two new reverb algorithms that bring a diversity of retro flavors to mixes. ‘Vintage’ is inspired by classic digital reverb units of the ’80s and ’90s, and is the go-to for long, bright hyper-real spatial ambiences, while ‘Plate’ serves up the evocative metallic sound of plate reverb — ideal for drums and vocals. Together, the two new styles broaden Pro-R 2’s spatializing remit out from the realistic physical environments for which its predecessor was known into more overtly synthetic textural territory.
Impulse response (IR) import
As if tripling the number of reverb styles on offer was not enough, Pro-R 2 also adds the ability to import impulse responses and have them automatically recreated as algorithmic setups — including Decay Rate and Post EQ shaping — that closely match their sonic characteristics. Whether wanting to binge on the vast array of free impulse responses available online, or capture and emulate favorite vocal booth, drum room, or hardware reverb in Pro-R 2, IR import opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
Extended reverb parameters and controls
Pro-R 2 provides even more tools with which to design dream reverbs. Set the wet signal level to drop whenever the dry signal is present with the Ducking control; dial in density and saturation with the Thickness knob; get your Phil Collins on with the tempo-syncable Auto Gate; and capture and hold the tail indefinitely with a click of the Freeze button. No matter what anyone’s reverberation goal might be, Pro-R 2 has everything needed to realize it.
Full-featured preset browser
A great improvement on the simple hierarchical menu of Pro-R, Pro-R 2’s streamlined new preset browser makes it easier than ever to navigate and manage the factory library and user presets. Assign editable tags for filtered searching, set presets as favorites for one-click filtering, and add author names and text descriptions. And if the original Pro-R is installed then all its presets appear in Pro-R 2’s library as well.
A high-end reverb plug-in with natural sound, musical controls, and innovations like the unique Decay Rate EQ to shape the reverb’s character.
- Versatile, user-friendly, and sonically superlative professional reverb with three core algorithms for simulating realistic physical spaces, retro digital hardware, and electromechanical plates
- Unified room model and decay time (Space) knob, facilitating smooth transitions between reverb sizes and styles, from tiny boxes to vast arenas and everything in between
- Innovative Decay Rate EQ for incredibly precise shaping of tail frequencies over time, and six-band Post EQ for output equalization
- NEW! Full immersive audio support up to 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos, with per-band Decay Rate and Post EQ channel routing, and a dedicated panel for balancing individual reverb parameter levels between the front and back of the image
- NEW! ‘Vintage’ reverb algorithm, replicating the sound and character of early digital reverbs
- NEW! ‘Plate’ reverb algorithm, replicating the sound and character of vintage plate reverbs
- NEW! IR import function (WAV and AIFF): algorithmically recreate and manipulate the sounds of favorite impulse responses within Pro-R 2
- NEW! Ducking control for effortless separation of dry and wet signals
- NEW! Thickness control for dialing in program-dependent density and saturation
- NEW! Intelligent Auto Gate
- NEW! Freeze button for endless playback of the captured reverb buffer at the point of activation
- NEW! Full-featured preset browser, with tags, favorites, search and filter functions, and new factory preset library
- NEW! Optional piano scale in the interactive reverb display for ‘musical’ EQ frequency referencing and snapping
- NEW! Output level meters
- IMPROVED! Increased Decay Rate range (25-400%)
- IMPROVED! Mid/Side option added to Post EQ
- IMPROVED! Speakers settings added to Decay Rate and Post EQ for channel selection in immersive channel layouts
- IMPROVED! Predelay knob moved to top section
OS X 10.13 or higher
CPU: Apple Silicon or Intel processor
Plugins: VST-2, VST-3, AU, AAX
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 or Vista
Plugins: VST-2, VST-3, AAX