The interestingly named Drummer from another Mother (or DFAM) is a rich and powerful percussion module that joins the Mother-32 family of Synthesizers. If you’re thinking of the DFAM as a traditional drum machine, you need to open your mind as this synth instrument opens the realms of infinite possibility.
DFAM is a highly-interactive, Semi-Modular Analog Percussion Synthesizer and a vibrant deviation from the traditional drum machine. Handcrafted in Asheville, NC by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory, DFAM is the first addition to the Mother-32 family of synthesizers and presents an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. It requires no patching, and absolutely no experience is needed for human-beings of any age to quickly begin synthesizing new and unique rhythmic compositions.
DFAM behaves much like a living organism, reacting in different ways to different individuals. This is due to 3 dedicated analog envelopes working dynamically with the sequencer to ensure that tribal toms breathe, industrial impacts evolve, and cacophonous chaos can be spawned or subdued at the turn of a knob.
Each DFAM ships with a package of Moog patch cables that unlock access to the 24-point modular patchbay. Use it to create new sounds or bizarre behaviors, synchronize an unlimited number of DFAM and Mother-32 units together, or fully integrate your analog instrument into a modular Eurorack production environment.
Through exploration and experimentation, the vast potential of this expressive analog instrument is realized.
- Semi-Modular: No patching required. Anyone can create unique and impactful analog rhythms.
- 100% Analog: Unbridled sonic flexibility for a lifetime of percussive inspiration.
- 2 Oscillators: Ultra-wide range sound generation – craft everything from subtly pulsing cadences to clangorous cacophony and floor-splitting bass.
- Selectable Analog Filters: Dynamically sculpt your sound with a Low Pass or High Pass Ladder filter.
- 3 Envelopes: Interact dynamically with velocity to impart “human” variation to your sound.
- 8-Step Analog Sequencer with Velocity: Vibrantly continuous control over each note.
- 24 Patch Points: Explore modular patching or connect to a Mother-32 to create a 3-oscillator leviathan.
- Link Multiple Units: Rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units for evocative analog compositions.
- External Audio Input: Process other sounds through DFAM’s analog circuitry
- Eurorack Compatible: Easily remove DFAM from its case and mount it into a Eurorack system. (Requires a 10 to 16 PIN Eurorack cable)