Offering impressive sound for any DJ, the N-Wave 580 is a compact self-powered 2-way monitor speaker system that is ideal for almost any situation.
Large and powerful enough to have surprising output and punch, but trim enough to fit easily into tight spaces, the N-Wave 580 desktop monitor system is comprised of two matched speaker cabinets. Each cabinet contains a 1-inch silk dome tweeter—with blue LED illumination—and a high-excursion 5 ¼” woofer, blended together with an electronic crossover network. The onboard amplification system delivers up to 80 watts of dynamic power for impressive, clear sound. These magnetically shielded powered monitors are ideal for tight quarters: they don’t emit any stray magnetic field that could interfere with nearby electronics or disrupt magnetically-sensitive recordings.
The system’s 2-channel amplification is mounted in the Right speaker, so only one speaker needs an AC power connection. You simply connect the Left speaker to the Right using the included plug-in speaker cable. The system volume knob is conveniently located on the front panel of the Right speaker.
The cabinets are made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), which is a dense, strong material that prevents the cabinet vibrations that would otherwise diminish the system’s clarity. This is a huge advantage over similar-looking competitive systems, many of which use thin, vibration-prone molded plastic housings.
The Numark N-Wave 580’s outstanding acoustic characteristics result from our attention to detail: The cabinet has a tuned bass port that delivers a surprising low-end response down to 55Hz. The concave oval high-frequency waveguide provides the wide listening area “sweet-spot” for accurate imaging required by all demanding DJs. As a finishing touch, the cabinets feature smooth, radial-edge front baffles that minimize audible edge diffraction.
For those situations when you need more low-end punch, the N-Wave 580 has an electronic bass-boost circuit that kicks up the impact frequency region of the bass for a harder low frequency “hit.”
- Compact powered near-field monitors for home DJ setups
- Convenient front panel volume control
- Illuminated 1” silk dome tweeter and 5 ¼” woofer for detailed, powerful sound
- Electronic crossover network accurately divides incoming highs and lows
- High-output 2-channel amplification with 80 watts total system dynamic power
- High-strength MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinets prevent resonance
- Smooth, radial-edge front baffles minimize audible edge diffraction
- (2) RCA and (2) ¼” audio inputs
- Magnetically shielded drivers prevent interference with other equipment, magnetic media
- 55 – 20,000 Hz frequency response
- Universal voltage
- One pair N-WAVE 580 speakers
- Audio cable
- Interconnection cable
- Power Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
- Audio Inputs: RCA and 1/4” (6.35mm) (L+R)
- LF Driver: 5-inch
- HF Driver: 1-inch, silk dome
- Output Power: 40 Watts x 2
- Interconnection Cable: 1/4″ (6.35mm)
- Front Baffle Thickness: 15mm
- Magnetically Shielded: yes
- Frequency Response: 55–20,000 Hz
- Power: 100-240V, 50/60Hz; universal switching power supply
- Dimensions: (L x W x H): 8.7” x 7.25” x 10.6” (221 mm x 184 mm x 269 mm)
- Weight: 12.5 lbs (5.7 kg)